top of page

Welcome to Selamta!

Your Trusted Source on Canadian Immigration Services

SELAMTA Immigration Services Inc. is a Canadian immigration consulting company incorporated in accordance with the Canada Business Corporations Act, located in the city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  The founder, Mrs. Syn Amanuel is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC-IRB #R527904) and a member of The College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC).

Calgary tower

Our Office Hours

 Monday to Thursday 9:00 Am - 5:00 Pm

Fridays 9:00 Am - 1:00 Pm

Holidays and weekends  Closed

Being an active CICC member in good standing, Syn Amanuel is authorized by the Canadian Government to represent or advise a person for a fee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Syn Amanuel has received a Letter of Authority confirming that her licence from the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (College) has been upgraded to class L3 RCIC-IRB - Unrestricted Practice. As a holder of this license she is authorized for unrestricted practice to represent her clients before IRCC (Immigration Refugees & Citizenship Canada) and all four divisions of IRB (Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada) including: Immigration Division (ID), Immigration Appeal Division (IAD), Refugee Protection Division (RPD) and Refugee Appeal Division (RAD).

As per Canada’s Bill C-35, only Authorized representatives can offer immigration services for a fee or other consideration, at any stage of an application or proceeding. Authorized representatives include members in good standing of CICC, lawyers in good standing with a provincial or territorial law society, and notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Quebec.


To read more about this please click here or to read the full Legislative Summary of Bill C-35: An Act to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act click here.

Who we are
Temporary Resident

Temporary Resident

A temporary resident is a foreign national who is legally authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a Visitor, Student, worker, or temporary resident holder for temporary purposes. Only foreign nationals physically in Canada hold temporary resident status.

Permanent resident

Permanent Resident

A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries.

Study in Canada

Study in Canada

Many students around the world choose Canada as their education destination. Canada is known for its quality of education. A Canadian Degree/Diploma is valued across the globe. Studying in Canada is also a pathway to various Permanent Residency programs.

Refugees Immigration

Refugees Immigration

With its comparatively open and well-regulated immigration system, Canada has become a top destination for immigrants and refugees. It has built a reputation over the last half-century of welcoming immigrants and valuing multiculturalism.

Other Services

Other Services

visa application support, legal consultations, documentation assistance, representation in hearings and appeals, as well as guidance on residency and citizenship applications.

Professional Background

Mrs. Syn Amanuel acquired more than 16 years of experience in volunteering as a host, interpreter, and assisting with immigration forms; working with clients of diverse ethnic backgrounds of both immigrants and native-born Canadians.

A considerable number of her contacts have been refugees, refugee claimants and immigrants who came to Canada in various immigration categories.

By earning an Immigration Consultant Diploma in 2016, Mrs. Syn Amanuel has gained deep insight and understanding of how Canadian Immigration works and the more than 60 ways of immigrating to Canada.

In 2016, Mrs. Syn Amanuel became a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant and started working as an Immigration Consultant.



  • Diploma - Immigration Consultant (Ashton College)

  • Certificate - Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP)

  • Certificate - Commissioner of Oaths

  • Notary Public in and for Alberta



  • CIWA (Calgary) 2008 - 2011

  • SISO (Hamilton) 2003 -2006

  • New Comers ( St. John) 2001 – 2003


Currently Volunteering:

  • Board of Directors at International Ave BRZ, Calgary (since 2019) 

SAH image_edited.png
Tips and informations

The three ways a Refugee can privately be sponsored 

  1. Group of 5 - any five Canadian citizens or permanent residents who live in the same city and have the financial ability to support the refugee or refugee family for one year. *

  2. Community Sponsor - any registered Canadian organization or business, incorporated or not incorporated, which has the ability to financially support the refugee or refugee family for one year. *

  3. Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) -  SAH is an incorporated organization which has signed a formal agreement with the Government of Canada to allow them to sponsor refugees. #


  • *Groups of Five and Community Sponsors are only permitted to sponsor refugees who have been formally recognized as refugees by either the UNHCR, or by the local government.

  • #SAH can sponsor individuals who are in a "refugee-like situation"

  • A refugee can not be privately sponsored to Canada by one person unless he found a community of SAH to co-sign.

  • There are two more ways to sponsor refugees:

  1.  Blended Visa Office-Referred (BVOR) Program and 

  2. Joint Assistance Sponsorship (JAS) Program.  To read more about these, click here.


Please note: Selamta Immigration Services is NOT able to find you a person or group of people in Canada for sponsorship.​

  • Organizations who have signed sponsorship agreements with the Government of Canada to help support refugees from abroad when they resettle in Canada.

  • They can sponsor refugees themselves or work with others in the community to sponsor refugees.

  • Most Sponsorship Agreement Holders are religious, ethnic, community, or service organizations. 

To see ​a list of SAHs in all provinces click here.

Do you want to know why you may need immigration consultancy services?

Who are Sponsor Agreement Holders (SAH)?

Canada Selamta

What is Express Entry?

Express Entry (EE) is an electronic system for managing permanent residence (PR) applications under the following immigration programs, run by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FWSP)

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

Am I eligible to apply?

Do you have work experience in a skilled occupation?
Have you completed a language test?

(Fill out the assessment form by clicking here and we will advise you if you qualify to apply

How does the point system work?

You will be assigned points based on:
Age, Education, Language, Work Experience, Skills, and Employment Offer.

How does it generally work?

Step 1 - Create your Profile
(it will be valid for one year after you create it)

your information goes into the EE Pool

Step 2 - Apply when Invited
(You have 60 days from the date you received your Invitation To Apply (ITA) to submit your application)

Express Entry

bottom of page